Thursday, August 30, 2012

If You're Happy and You Know It

Using the tune of "If you're happy and you know it" there's really no limit to the songs you can put together. I like animal themes.


Mr. Turkey (Thanksgiving)
I am Mr. Turkey, Turkey big and fat
I have feathers, feathers, feathers on my back
When I walk, I waddle, waddle
When I talk, I gobble, gobble
I am Mr. Turkey, Turkey big and fat

Curve your arms at your sides and sway back and forth, waddle, bend forward to gobble, then do the fat turkey again.

Mr. Penguin
I am Mr. Penguin, Penguin, white and black
I have flippers, flippers, flippers that I flap
When I walk I waddle, waddle
When I talk I bobble, bobble
I am Mr. Penguin, Penguin white and black

Hold your arms against your sides, flap just your hands, waddle, bob your head, and then do the flippers again.

There's a Monster
There's a monster in my kitchen and it's green
There's a monster in my kitchen and I don't know what it's fixin'

There's a monster in my closet and it smells, peeuw!
There's a monster in my closet and I don't know what has caused it

There's a monster under my bed and it grabs 
There's a monster under my bed and I think it wants to be fed

There's a monster in my house and it jumps
There's a monster in my house and it's bigger than a mouse

There's a monster right outside and it has tails
There's a monster right outside and I think I'll go and hide

There are monsters everywhere everywhere
There are monsters everywhere but they don't give me a scare

I'm not scared because I'm a mighty monster catcher
I'm not scared because I'm a mighty monster catcher and I catch them all you betcha

This is a looooong song, which I got from some website which I now don't remember where. We do whatever actions seem to fit the words best. It's worth a little extra time memorizing it, because kids love it and parents like the idea of not being scared of monsters.

A few more...

I am Mr. Alligator long and green 
When I want to hide I simply can't be seen 
My jaws are very strong and my teeth are very long 
I am Mr. Alligator long and green

I am Mr. Caterpillar long and green
When I lie along a leaf I can’t be seen
I curl in a cocoon white Then emerge in colors bright
Now I’m Mr. Butterfly as you can see

I am Mr. Polar, Polar, Polar Bear
I keep warm with lots of fat and lots of hair
I live in the ice and snow and catch seals on the go
I am Mr. Polar, Polar, Polar bear

I am Mr. snake slithering through the grass
Stand back, don’t move, you better let me pass
My skin is smooth and dry To help me slither by
I am Mr. snake slithering through the grass

No comments:

Post a Comment